If eBay refunds a purchaser for INR (Merchandise Not Acquired) and the vendor recordsdata a declare with USPS, what occurs if the package deal is finally delivered?
I see a doable downside within the close to future for sellers who file refund claims for Precedence packages with USPS for (circumstances closed with eBay) for misplaced packages or undelivered on time.
The proposed situation goes like this:
1) purchaser will get eBay refund from vendor for “merchandise not obtained”; eBay case closed
2) vendor is out the merchandise and cash (vendor might attempt to intercept the package deal)
3) vendor recordsdata for Precedence refund declare with USPS
4) vendor will get USPS declare refund
5) package deal will get delivered, say in late January 2021
6) USPS desires refund again from declare paid to vendor as a result of package deal was discovered and delivered and contacts eBay
7) eBay instantly holds funds from vendor, eBay does that already for any postage scarcity
8) vendor loses once more. They misplaced cash AND the merchandise when the customer was refunded the primary time. The vendor loses once more when the merchandise is delivered at a a lot later date IF USPS desires their a refund from the declare they paid out.
Notice: Purchaser received refund & merchandise
Notice: Vendor misplaced merchandise, cash and doable Precedence declare refund when merchandise finally delivered
And, ought to a vendor undergo intercept the package deal earlier than or after submitting a declare or under no circumstances?
How might this situation occur? The USPS at the moment has an settlement with eBay to carry cash in a sellers account for postage scarcity, till resolved with the USPS. Would USPS use that settlement for getting reimbursed for claims paid when an merchandise is delivered, albeit late?
That is my projection of what might occur based mostly upon that settlement. I’ve no data that it has occurred.
If the USPS is confronted with as many claims as they little question might be, this situation might seemingly occur, though packages had been delivered late.
I’ve learn in Fb teams that many claims this previous yr haven’t been paid. And, that is earlier than this gridlock. It is worse now.
Will the USPS honor their normal declare coverage for Precedence mail that’s misplaced or undelivered and refund the vendor, ought to the package deal get delivered at a later date or not?
Only a heads up and one thing to maintain your eye on. I hope it would not occur however nothing surprises me anymore. Your ideas?